Znamensky monastery - nunnery in Irkutsk. The monastery was founded in 1689 on the right bank of the Angara River near the confluence of the rivers Ushakovka . All of the first buildings were made of wood , and cut down to 1727 in 1693 The Cathedral Church of Znamenskaya came into disrepair . In 1762 was erected a stone building of the monastery.To the convent is a necropolis. Here are buried Gregory Shelikhov , Princess Trubetskoy Trubetskoy and children : Sofia, Vladimir and Nikita.